The Australian Consulate-General in Geneva provides some notarial servcies. We recommend reading the information at Notarial services | Smartraveller and Notarial services overseas | Smartraveller before requesting our services. Notarial services we provide can be found below.
Notarial Services by Mail
Some notarial services can be requested without the need for an appointment. If the notarial service does not require you to appear in person (Certified Copies, Apostille/Authentication) then complete the Notarial Services Request and Payment Form.
All other services must be in person at an appointment.
Notarial Services by Appointment
Our online booking system remains closed. Appointments can only be made by sending an email to: [email protected]
Appointments can be requested for Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays in Geneva only. The waiting time for appointments is currently around 1 - 2 weeks.
To schedule an appointment please provide the following by email:
- Title your email with: “Last name”, “First Name” – Notarial Appointment
- Your full name, contact phone number and email address
- Preferred 'day' (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday) and ‘time’ (morning/afternoon preference) and where you will be coming from
- Specific details of the notarial service you require – Full instructions from the requesting authority must be provided before an appointment can be scheduled - please attach these details to your appointment request email.
Fees for notarial services and payment methods can be found at: Notarial Fees
Notarial Services we provide
1. Legalisations (Authentications and Apostilles)
2. Certifying photographs and copies of original documents
5. Getting Married in Switzerland or Australia
8. Buying and Selling Property in Australia
9. Witnessing Signatures – Other Documents
Notarial Services Disclaimer
Please ensure that documents relating to the notarial services you require from the Australian Consulate, are presented in the correct form and that you provide the correct instructions for the notarial service you require. If you are unsure of the legislative requirements relating to the notarial service you require, you should seek independent legal advice. Please note that neither the Australian Government nor the Australian Consulate in Geneva, Switzerland guarantees the legal effectiveness of the notarised document or the accuracy of its content.
*** Our online booking system remains closed. Please see the ‘Notarial Appointments’ information at the top of this page to book an appointment.