How to obtain an Australian Passport in Switzerland
- The Passport section at the Australian Consulate-General in Geneva is open to the public Monday to Friday from 9 am - 12 pm and from 2 pm - 5 pm.
- The Consulate-General is closed on the following public holidays
- Please note that appointments in Geneva are normally booked out up to 2 weeks in advance
- You should plan your travel accordingly and lodge your application early to ensure you receive your passport in good time.
How to collect your new passport
Passports can be collected from the conuslate without an appointment at the following times:
Monday - Friday
9:30 am - 12 pm
2 pm - 4:30 pm
With effect from 1 July 2018 glasses will not be allowed in passport photographs.
- 16-17 year old applicants
As of 1 January 2016, child applicants aged 16 or 17 will be issued with a 10-year passport instead of the five-year passport previously issued to children under 18.
- Frequent Traveller Passports are discontinued - apply for Replacement Passports instead from 1 January 2018
With the advent of SmartGate and electronic visas, there is a reduced need for the 64-page Frequent Traveller passport. Using a 1-page renewal form, applicants may apply for a Replacement Passport - this will have the same expiry as your current passport and can be obtained if you have more than two years left on your current passport. You are of course always welcome to apply for a full, new 10-year passport and pay the full corresponding fee.
- All Australians, including dual nationals should enter and leave Australia on an Australian passport -http://smartraveller.gov.au/guide/pages/dual-nationals.aspx
Passport Application Types
- For useful and handy hints on the passport process please watch the following videos
- Passport FAQ
- Client Service Charter
- Report a lost or stolen passport
- General Declaration B-11
- Children and parental consent
- Completing a Child Alert Request
- Brochures and Publications
- Translation of Foreign Documents
For information on topics not featured on this site, please visit http://www.passports.gov.au