Australian Permanent Mission and Consulate-General
Switzerland, Liechtenstein

Notice of Intended Marriage

Marriage in Australia

In accordance with the Marriage Act 1961, a marriage cannot be solemnized in Australia unless a notice in writing of the intended marriage is given to the authorised celebrant performing the marriage ceremony.

A consular officer can witness your signatures on the form – please remember to bring either your passport(s) or identity card(s).
Notice of Intended marriage form

This service can ONLY be provided in-person, by appointment.