To apply: Recruitment (amrislive.com)
Full-time: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: CHF 77,583–83,978
Closing Date for Applications: 7 August 2022
About the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high-quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the Position
The Corporate Services Officer is part of a small team that pursues Australia’s objectives in Switzerland and Liechtenstein. Under direction, this position performs a range of corporate enabling and client service duties including general administrative tasks, executive support and passport and consular work. The position also provides driving services to transport the Head of Mission, other Embassy staff and official visitors as required. Due to the size of the team, remote work arrangements cannot be offered.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform routine finance and HR processing and general administrative duties under direction as required.
- Assist the Corporate Services Manager with property and IT management and maintenance.
- Undertake reception duties, including greeting visitors, taking telephone enquiries and providing client services to the public.
- Liaise between clients and passport and consular staff at the Australian Consulate-General in Geneva.
- Maintain office equipment and order office consumables and supplies as needed.
- Prepare and dispatch the diplomatic bag and incoming/outgoing mail and manage courier services as required.
- Provide executive and logistical support to the Head of Mission and Deputy Head of Mission as required.
- Provide transport for the Head of Mission, Embassy staff and visiting officials and perform courier services as required.
- Maintain official vehicles in immaculate condition and arrange repairs, servicing and maintenance, including maintaining mileage, fuel registration and insurance records in line with relevant procedures.
- Liaise with government ministries and local authorities on protocol matters such as official visas, staff residence visas, driving licences, liquor licences, airport passes, Diplomatic ID cards and airport facilitation.
- Assist with the coordination of visits and official events as required.
- Provide basic German translation services as required.
- Provide backup support for other staff as required.
- Demonstrated administrative and client service skills.
- High level of computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Sound organisational skills and judgement and the ability to work productively as part of a small team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and German.
- Valid Swiss Driver’s Licence with relevant driving experience and a proven safety record.
- Extensive knowledge of the road network and an ability to navigate, follow directions and provide advice on travel routes.
- A willingness to work outside of standard hours as necessary.
In your written statements, you must include succinct, high level relevant examples that support your claims against the role. The word limit is strictly 250 words per response.
- Experience working in an administrative support role with a proven ability to maintain records.
- Experience in customer services with a proven ability to exercise good judgement and handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Strong organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail to achieve results whilst working under supervision to tight deadlines and with competing priorities.
- High level of oral and written communication skills in English and German and the ability to work cooperatively and productively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and financial accounting systems (SAP preferred).