Locally employed position – LE5
Salary and conditions:
CHF 95,043 per annum
The Australian Consulate-General in Geneva, Switzerland is seeking to fill the position of the Accounts and Personnel Manager. The position will be a member of the Accounts and Personnel Services Team, assisting with the management of the mission’s accounts as well as providing back-up support to other members of the Team.
The selection for this position will be based on merit and judged against the following Selection Criteria:
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor expenditure and provide high quality forecasting, reporting and advice on the financial management of the Mission, ensuring integrity of the general ledger
Complete End of Month and End of Financial Year reports, and adhere to accrual accounting principles
Allocate the annual budget of the Mission in consultation with the Finance Manager
- Maintain Representation allowance budget and expenditure for all A-based staff, allocating advances and monitoring acquittals
- Maintain HMA (until June 2020) and SES Domestic Assistance budgets and expenditure for all A-based staff, allocating advances and monitoring acquittals
- Undertake the duties of certifying officer and funds controller
- Process salaries, relevant advances and travel arrangements as necessary
- Maintain the asset register and capital management plan
- Complete the Fringe Benefits Tax return (annually)
- Monitor LES personnel records - ensure compliance with Swiss labour law on Conditions of Service and Employment Contract Management
- Manage and evaluate vendor contracts and make recommendations
- Assist in internal and external audits
- Scan all financial records into EDRMS.
- Assist Employee Group representatives in administration of LES Pension Fund.
Supervise/manage a small team in the Accounts and Personnel Services Section
- Accounting qualifications and/ or extensive accounting experience
- Experience using a financial management information system (SAP)
- Experience managing a small team
- Capacity for taking initiative and responsibility
- Ability to interpret and apply departmental policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of local labour law and ability to interpret and apply to LES conditions of service
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Language skills - fluency in both spoken and written English and French
To be considered applicants must:
- Address the selection criteria in their written application (no more than three pages), meeting and addressing all essential criteria
- Include a resume
- Include two work-related referees
Application Closing Date - The closing date for receipt of applications is COB Thursday, 1 February 2018.
Applications received after this date cannot be considered.
Applicants who are not asked to attend an interview within four weeks of the closing date may assume their application has not been successful on this occasion.
For questions or for submitting applications, please contact: