- About us
- Passport services
- United Nations
- Services for Australians
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Travel advice
- Register with us
The Australian Permanent Mission to the World Trade Organization
Australian Permanent Mission to the World Trade Organization
Duties include provision of high level organisational and administrative assistance to the Australian Permanent Mission to the WTO.
Applicants should have:
- Experience in the provision of secretarial services to a senior manager
- Excellent interpersonal, liaison and communication skills
- Sound judgment, flexibility and organisational skills
- The ability to work accurately under pressure in a small team
- Strong computer skills
- Full fluency in English with a good working knowledge of French (fluency highly desirable). German language skills also an advantage
- Knowledge of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade working environment and awareness of the activities of the WTO, and other international organisations based in Geneva, would be an advantage.
This is a security-designated position. The selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a security assessment to the appropriate level prior to engagement. Due to this security requirement, applications can be considered only from nationals of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States who are eligible for an Australian government security clearance. Candidates holding dual Swiss nationality with one of the above nationalities are not eligible for a security clearance for this position.
A duty statement, selection criteria and brief details of salary and conditions are available at www.geneva.mission.gov.au under ‘About Us’. Applications should include a statement of claims against the selection criteria.
Incomplete applications, or applications not meeting security requirements and/or selection criteria, will not be considered.
Please submit applications to:
Applications close 23 November 2012
- Position title:Administrative Assistant
- Position No.:5524
- Full-time/part-time:Part-time (80%)
- Security requirement:Australian Security Clearance Required
- Mission Supervisor:WTO Minister-Counsellor
- Annual Salary (incl. 13th month):CHF 61,890.40
In accordance with Workplace Diversity principals and the LES Code of Conduct perform the following functions:
1. Arrange meetings and functions hosted by the WTO Mission, including organising venues and catering.
2. Assist with the preparation of legal documentation, notifications and other communications related to Australia's international rights and obligations in the WTO and UN systems.
3. Provide high-level administrative support, including secretarial functions.
4. Assist with the organisation and support of official visits, including by Government Ministers and senior officials. Provide support, as directed, to the official party during visits.
5. Undertake general research/enquiries for WTO officers.
6. Assist with administrative requirements, including travel arrangements and representation returns
7. Participate in the work of the WTO Mission as directed and provide relief assistance to the Ambassador in the absence of his/her Personal Assistant. Where required, provide relief assistance to other areas of the Mission.
8. Other duties as required.
A. Eligibility for an Australian government security clearance. Applications can be considered only from nationals of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States who are eligible for an Australian government security clearance. Candidates holding dual Swiss nationality with one of the above nationalities are not eligible for a security clearance for this position.
B. High-level administrative and organisational skills. Demonstrated ability and experience in the provision of secretarial services to a senior manager.
C. Strong computer skills (Microsoft environment). Knowledge of DFAT systems an advantage.
D. Ability to work under pressure and with limited direction, to set priorities, exercise initiative and meet tight deadlines.
E. Sound judgment and a capacity to exercise high-level discretion and confidentiality.
F. Highly developed interpersonal skills.
G. Knowledge of the DFAT portfolio and operating environment an advantage as is an awareness of the activities of the WTO and other international organisations based in Geneva.
H. Full fluency in English. Fluency in French highly desirable. German language skills also an advantage.