Adult Passport - Renewal
Passports Office location:
Chemin des Fins 2
1218 Grand-Saconnex (Geneva)
Geneva appointment times are normally booked-out up to 2 weeks in advance. Please keep this in mind when making your travel plans.
Adults who are renewing their Australian passport can use the Australian Passport Renewal Application Form in the following cases:
- you are an adult (over 18 years old) or you are an adult who is renewing from a child passport and your most recent child passport was issued when you were 16 years or older, AND
- you are not changing any of your personal details on the passport, AND
- your most recent passport is/was valid for over two years at the time of issue, AND
- your most recent passport has not been reported lost/stolen AND
- your most recent passport is still current or has not been expired for more than 3 years, AND
- you are able to present your current passport at the passport appointment, AND
- you are able to answer the security questions to print the form.
Please do not use whiteout on the declaration section. If you make a mistake, you can cross it out and initial next to the change. If you have signed incorrectly, please fill in a new form.
Note: You cannot download blank forms.
After you have completed your form online, print it and sign inside the white box and date the application form. Make sure there are no alterations to signatures or dates and your signature does not touch any lines or words around the white signature box.
In person: during your scheduled appointment (Step 1) at the Geneva Passports Office.
Some photo shops may not have the most updated Australian passport photo specifications. Home-printed photos are usually not acceptable as there are strict requirements. Please carefully check the Passport photo guidelines to avoid rejection.
The “crown of head” is where the top of your skull would be if it were visible. It is not the top of your hair or the start of your hairline. Picture yourself bald and measure from the top of your skull to the tip of your chin.
Please clearly print your full name on the back of one photo. Your photographs do not need to be endorsed by someone else.
Applications must be lodged in person at the Australian Consulate-General in Geneva or with the Honorary Consul in Zurich. You need to make an appointment.
- The completed and signed Australian Passport Renewal Application form.
- Two passport photos (see Step 4).
- Your most recent Australian passport. It is important to bring your most recent passport to be eligible for a passport renewal.
- A credit card to pay the fee in Geneva.
If you have any questions, call us at +41 22 799 91 00 or email at email@example.com.